Thursday, June 24, 2010
Versatile Blogger Award
7 Things About Me
1) I come from a military family and grew up in America and England.
2) I am engaged to be married in July of 2011 (wedding planning has me under its thrall).
3) I just received my Master of Fine Arts degree in Costume Design this May.
4) My best friend and I live far apart and actually write letters more than we e-mail.
5) I used to enjoy fencing and was a sabreur.
6) I love opera and have worked with/for several companies.
7) I hope someday to be fluent in at least five languages; English (check), French, Modern Greek, Italian, and Russian.
Now to the fun stuff, the awards.
1) Lauren at American Duchess is a multi-talented blogger with great creative impulses. I never know what interesting tidbit she'll divulge next.
2) Marie-Antoinette's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century while a mouthful, is also the blog of another amazing Lauren. If you haven't read this one you should. There is more information there than one can explore in one visit.
3) The Duchess of Devonshire's Gossip Guide to the 18th Century by Heather, is the sister-blog to the one above, and provides an ever-changing assortment of interesting information; from the humorous and whimsical, to the scholarly.
4) Antoinette's Atelier features the stunningly beautiful work of Kathleen Marie, who does everything from wigs to...well, everything!
5) Fashions of Time, formerly The Baroque Boutique, is chock-full of delightful and bravely personal stories about sewing and otherwise. It's always great to see what costume or project she's working on next!
So those are my five, and if you are not already familiar with them I encourage you to check the blogs out and see if you enjoy them as much as I do!